The Garant Xtric centering vise from Hoffman Group is equipped with a new chuck jaw quick-change system enabling easy, tool-free changeover. A click mechanism gives the vise an interchange accuracy in the micrometer range, the company says. Because the center can be adjusted precisely, multiple Xtric devices can be used.
The new Garant Xtric is suitable for clamping both blanks and finished parts. In addition, pre-stamping components is not required.
The vise’s top jaws can be replaced or rotated 180 degrees by hand without using any tools. The top jaws are inserted into a dovetail and pushed down via two spring plates until they engage, eliminating the need to remove and rethread the spindle nut.
With its rotating top jaws, the Garant Xtric provides a clamping range of 0 to 144 or 194 mm, depending on the model. All models are alternatively available with pivot jaws.
In order to clamp larger workpieces using multiple centering vises, the center can be adjusted with micrometer accuracy. If required, it can be shifted by up to 0.5 mm on each side (1 mm total).
Garant Xtric main features
- Very good accessibility and perfectly symmetrical.
- All functional faces hardened, hard milled or ground.
- Central alignment delivers perfectly centred clamping.
- Clamps raw materials and finished parts with the least possible lifting of the jaws / component.
- Supplied with holes for LONG positioning system, can be adapted to GARANT ZeroClamp using an intermediate plate.
- Jaws can be changed without using tools. Changing the jaws may result in a change of clamping capacity.
- Easy-to-use, jaw-change system, no tools required.
- Clamping force up to 25 kN at 90 Nm torque.
- Quick to use and intuitive in operation.
- Repetition accuracy <0.01 mm.
- Perfect for 5-face machining. Centred clamping.
Want to learn more? Read our interview with Hoffmann Group here.